Background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Sister's Vineyard Wedding- the cereemony

Sorry I've been MIA lately, my little sister, Olivia, tied the knot last weekend, so I've been in recovery mode since we got back!  I thought I'd do small recaps, so I could point out the details.  We'll start with the ceremony!

Olivia and Jamie were married at Grassy Creek Vineyard and Winery in State Road, NC. One of the great things about the property is that when you rent it, you get it for the whole weekend.  We were able to have the rehearsal dinner on site and have lodging for the wedding party.

Shepard's hooks with white ribbons led the path from the parking to the ceremony site.  Then smaller Shepard's hooks with mason jars hanging down lined the path the wedding party walked into the ceremony.  The ceremony site was beautiful, on a grassy spot overlooking the lake. 

My sister and dad on their walk to the aisle- beautiful, right?

 The bridesmaids wore a beautiful royal blue and carried yellow garden roses and blue hydrangeas.  The same flowers covered the white metal arch at the alter.
 The groom is in the military, as are many of the groomsmen, so those men wore their dress uniforms, while the others, including my husband, had black tuxes and blue vests/ties. 
 The ceremony was pretty traditional, but there were a few things that made it extra special!  One was that the groom's aunt, an ordained minister, presided over the ceremony.  I think having a special, personal relationship with your minister makes the ceremony so much more meaningful.  Another special part was the song "I will be Here" (Steven Curtis Chapman) sung by a family friend.  It was beautiful and really touched everyone there.  The ceremony was truly beautiful and conveyed the love these two shared.  I'm just so happy and blessed I was able to stand up and be a part of it.  More tomorrow...

-Jordan-

No comments:

Post a Comment